Sunday, April 22, 2012

Returning Hearts

Volunteering at a detention center was truely a humbling day. No cameras, phones, or electranics so sadly I could not capture the faces of the kids seeing their dads in 5-10 years. It changed my view of men in prison, I had the oppertunity to see the inmates spend an unforgettable day with their loved ones. Choking up throughout the day I saw a father ministering to his 5 year old son, at that point I could not contain myself and started sobbing. I saw fathers, brothers, and uncles breaking down their walls and opening up their souls to loved ones. As painful as it was to say goodbye to the children I can not image how much more painful it was for the inmates to say goodbye and not know when they will see them again. I pray that the inmates will continue to stay strong and seek Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment